|Please provide the information requested at our Communication page. Even if you previously completed a form at this site, please click here to complete the revised questionnaire.
1. The law firm of Sutts, Strosberg LLP is counsel in a class action against Aurcana Corporation (“Aurcana”), Lenic Rodriguez and Sadek El-Alfy. The claim is on behalf of all persons, other than certain persons associated with the defendants, who acquired Aurcana shares and/or warrants in the period July 11, 2012 to and including December 19, 2013 (the "Class Period").
2. The plaintiff alleges that throughout the Class Period, the defendants misrepresented the resource levels and production capacity of Aurcana’s Shafter Mine.
3. On April 12, 2013, Aurcana disclosed that the Shafter Mine had not yet reached its initial target of 600 tons per day on a continuous basis. After the disclosure, Aurcana’s share price declined by more than 20 percent.
4. On May 17, 2013, Aurcana clarified and retracted certain technical disclosures for the Shafter Mine, after which Aurcana’s share price declined by about 26 per cent.
5. On December 19, 2013, Aurcana announced that the Shafter Mine was being placed on care and maintenance.
6. After this disclosure, Aurcana’s share price declined by more than 52 per cent.
7. The plaintiffs seek damages for negligent misrepresentation and liability for secondary market misrepresentation pursuant to the provisions of Ontario's Securities Act.
8. If you acquired Aurcana shares and/or warrants during the Class Period, please enter the information requested on the communication page.
9. If you have any questions, please call Sutts, Strosberg LLP at 1.800.229.5323, extension 8296.
10. If you would like to know more about how a class action works, click here.